Home Improvement Loan Program
The Home Improvement Loan Program assists low and moderate-income homeowners with making repairs and improvements to their homes. Home improvement loans are commonly used for roof replacement; furnace replacement; electrical and plumbing repairs; insulation; improvements for special needs such as, ramps, bathroom or kitchen modification. Individuals interested in a home improvement loan must meet income limits and other eligibility requirements.
- Zero percent interest
- No monthly payments
- Repayable when ownership changes or you move from the property. You may be required to repay the loan if you refinance your home or take out a home equity loan.
- $15,000 loan minimum; $25,000 loan limit
Do I Qualify for a Home Improvement Loan?
To be eligible for a home improvement loan, applicants must:
- Own their home
- Have sufficient equity in the property
- Have a satisfactory credit history
- Have a gross annual income within the program income limits
Who Administers the Home Improvement Loan Program?
The Dakota County Community Development Agency (CDA) administers the Home Improvement Loan Program for South St. Paul residents. The program currently has a wait list. Wait times could be significant and will vary depending on the time of year, the city in which you live, and availability of funds.
How do I apply for a loan?
To apply, print out the Home Improvement Loan Program Application (PDF) or call the CDA at 651-675-4469 to request a paper copy.