One of South St. Paul’s oldest and largest parks, Kaposia Park was created in 1937 as a Works Progress Administration (WPA) project during the Great Depression. The name “Kaposia” is derived from the native Dakota Indian people who first settled their village in the area in 1826.
Kaposia Park’s 85 acres remain mostly natural with large mature trees and varying topography including Simon’s Ravine that provides access to a paved Dakota County regional trail and the River to River Greenway.
The most recognizable feature of the park is the historic enclosed log pavilion building, which is available for rent, complete with indoor restrooms and kitchen area.
Kaposia Park also features a picnic shelter available for rent, a small ball field, horseshoe pits, sand volleyball, playground area, a winter skating rink accessible from Bromley Avenue, and tennis courts accessible from Conver Avenue.
Kaposia Park is home to a premier 24-hole disc golf course that has been host to state, regional, and international disc golf tournaments.
Save or print the Rental Applications and Policies